Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Said You Wouldn't, No You Wouldn't Make A Fool Out of Me!

Running Does Not Cure The Rain

It has been pouring rain here in Waterton for the past few days and its really not cool. I mean, it seriously sucks because when its crappy outside there is really nothing to do. So I sit at home, reading and missing everyone. Which is not good. During one momentary break from the rain, I did go for a run from which the endorphins that flooded my system made me feel better. But I'm still angry. I am here for the sunshine, hiking, and being outside. Not sitting in my room drinking hot chocolate and looking at the cloud bank covering the mountains and town. Seriously, this is one, if not the most cruel joke yet that Mother Nature has played on me.



I'm A Cleaner, You're Not, But You Should Still Know...

Ahh, the mysteries of housecleaning. I'm seriously afraid after I'm done this job that I may never be able to stay at a hotel. I wouldn't share any of the details with you except to give you two pieces of advice. Never use the cups that are wrapped in the "sparkling clean paper" unless they are disposable and don't let the comforter/duvet touch your skin. Ever. I won't tell you why, but trust me it's not worth it. This all reminds me of this promo for the news in the states. For some reason our tv here gets the southern California channel and I love watching the news there. It's all doom and gloom. These channels completely play the fear card with their viewers. For example, the other night they were promoting a new story on the bacteria that is on your cell phone. The script for the promo was out a horror movie. "What's on your cell phone, could kill you! Tune in to ktla at 11 to find out what deadly bacteria lurks on the surface of the object you hold up to your face everyday" Seriously?! I don't know why people are surprised that your cell phone has bacteria on it. Of course it will if you don't watch your hands or disinfect it. The funny thing was, I didn't actually watch the news story because it was on at 11 and I had to be up early for work but I saw that promo at least twenty times just watching one show. They would start the commercial break with the promo, throw it in the middle of the break and then end the break with it again!! No wonder the economy sucks down there and people are depressed. If I had to watch the news there, I would be too.



I Really Miss Cruising

It's weird the things that I miss about home. Of course I miss my family, my friends, and my puppy but I miss weird things too. Like driving, my stereo, and my bookshelf. I miss the ease of these things. I think I miss driving the most. I really love driving and I loved listening to my music while I was driving. Some music just requires a louder venue. Like Flogging Molly for instance. Requiem For A Dying Song requires driving and singing at the top of my lungs, as well as You Wouldn't Make A Fool Out Of Me. It's just not the same to listen to those songs and not do that. Plus, I still find myself tapping my foot, and dancing to my tunes which is kind of embarrassing walking down the street or working. I'm really looking forward to taking a drive when I get back.



I'll end this one Flogging Molly style:

With you my love, with you I will return!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment