Friday, May 22, 2009

Adrenaline Rush


I Just Conquered Bears Hump!!!!

It's been lovely here today and yesterday. I am off today and tomorrow but my friends were off wednesday and thursday but I really wanted to do some hiking, specifically Bears Hump. I wanted to do it so bad that I went by myself. Stupid now that I think of it, but I glad I did it. It was Amazing! I'm so glad that I got to experience that on my own. The view is amazing and so worth it after all the effort to get to the top. Its not a very long hike but its pretty straight up. I loved it though, and when I got to the top I was completely alone. I completely lost my dignity and caught myself on camera doing it but I don't even care. It was an amazing moment. Bear's Hump is such a gorgeous hike, the trees are pretty dense but every once in awhile you get a break in the trees and you get a spectacular view. You can see the whole townsite at the top and everything looks so small. It's crazy!! This is from the top of Bears Hump, its the mountain off to the side.



Above is a picture of the townsite from the top of Bears Hump. Its a sheer rock wall so I had to lay flat on my belly to take the picture and even though I am terrified of heights I didn't even care, that's what adrenaline does to you I guess. The blog thing won't really let me move it around but its there at least for you to see! It was so amazing, I uploaded some videos I took with my cell phone to facebook so if you would like you can check those out there. I saw so many cool things hiking bears hump. When I got to the top there were some little chipmucks that were violently fighting one another. It was hilarious. On my way up to the summit I was also almost run over by a big horned sheep. You know, the ones with the horns that curl around their heads. I was walking up the trail when I saw two of them about 30 feet ahead. I stopped and held perfectly still. The big one looked at me, stomped his foot (i thought I was going to die) and then looked at me again and almost seemed to shrug like "oh yeah just another dumb human" and then ran right pass me. Right pass me. I could have reached out and touched it. It was so freaky and then the baby bounded up the hill the other way and I didn't see it. When I could breathe again I continued up the mountain. It was totally stupid to go by myself and take my ipod with me but I loved it, not that I will do it again. This has been the best experience for me so far while I have been here. It was amazing!

Way To Much Of A Cathartic Release

I was so excited on my way down, i was literally shaking with excitement. The whole hike down and into town I was smiling like an idiot or just randomly laughing out loud. It was so stupid but so fun. On the way down though a few awesome songs did play while on shuffle that perfectly suited my mood. Fortune By Great Big Sea. I learned this song in grade five from my teacher Mrs. Baggs. It's one of my favourite memories from gr. 5 and no matter where I am I always sing it, so yes, I sang it as I was walking down the trail! Then my ipod played Swim by Jack's Mannequin which was completely appropriate for my mood. But my absolute favourite song that played on the way down and that perfectly summarized how I felt was If I Ever Leave This World Alive by Floggin Molly. It just summed up that experience perfectly!!

I'm High As A Kite, Because I Just Did Bears Hump!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Maddy,
    Just got this address from your mom. Sounds like you're rockin' it down there. The goat adventure sounds a little freaky. I'm excited to hear more. I miss seeing you each month. VTing is just not the same without you ;) We just had a new baby arrive you should should check out Hugo's blog. Make sure you read the 1st couple entries. I think you'll find Gerrit's writing quite witty. I think he has the same sense of humor as you. hugovanb.blogspot.com
    Well, I send lots of love and hugs! Keep in touch.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete