Sunday, May 17, 2009

Living A Techincolour Life

Planning on living long and prospering...so far its good
I saw star trek! OK, I am a dork and I will whole heartily admit that but I have never been a "trekkie" (one k or two? see I don't even know!) but I did see the movie with a friend (who cannot be named because of a publicity contract clause) on Thursday night. It was amazing or maybe it just felt like it because I got out of town! We drove into lethbridge to see it so i didn't get home until about 11 but it was all worth it even though I had to work at seven the next morning. I had an awesome time, driving and chatting and listening to music. It was awesome! It reminded me of being at home and hanging out with all my friends, and it took the edge off of being a little (just a tiny bit) lonely here. It was weird though because we were talking and stuff just like at home but we were both hours from home and in a totally different place. I think that's how the idea of home can be transient.

Its Sunday Again...
Sundays went from my favourite day of the week to my least favourite because I know exactly what I am missing. And it sucks. If I was at home now I would be having a great Sunday and looking forward to starting my week but today the day just feels long and weird because I wasn't were I wanted to be. I'm sorry if your reading this I just have to vent. Sundays were always my favourite day because I never had school or work or friend issues to deal with. It was about what really mattered church and family. Now I'm sitting on my couch typing with my feet propped up because they hurt from work!

I'm being a Downer and I'm going to stop
You know, when I wrote my play last year one of the actors who portrayed one of the characters I wrote said that her favourite thing about the character was how aware the character was of her flaws and her attempts to overcome those flaws. I never realized that and I wrote it. I really liked that and I find myself thinking about how I envisioned that character and the characteristics I liked about that character and trying to emulate those characteristics. If your reading this and your are confused I wrote a play last year for a teen festival that was read at the citadel. It was an amazing experience, probably one of the best of my life. I think about it often and the things I learned from it about writing and character development and myself. I think that is one of the most important lessons I learned though. So I'm going to leave this and go for a walk around town. Its beautiful outside and sunny and I'm in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'm blessed, lucky, and loved. And I know it.

Before I Go...
I am missing out on some amazing concerts in Edmonton this year and the one I am most sad about is Coldplay! So in honour I have two amazing favourites off their new album: Reign of Love/Lovers in Japan, and Life in Technicolour. My absolute favourite is Life in Technicolour even though its instrumental because its so hopeful and it gradually build up.

As my German Front Desk Manager would say:
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment