Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Am A Rock... of Work

We'll start this one off with a little witty:

I am not an actual blonde. I am a dirty blonde, particularly brunette who streaks her hair blonde. Its not platinum blonde or anything, and its very natural looking. Just so that can be cleared up before I begin to tell you my most blonde moment yet. About twenty mins after I wrote my last post I went to clean my bedroom up a bit. I had light my febreeze candle because its apple cinnamon so it makes everything smell really nice. It had been burning awhile so I decided to blow it out. The wick on the candle is pretty thick so you usually have to blow hard to get it out with shooting a stray spark off. For some reason I decided to blow ridiculously hard while holding the candle ridiculously close to my face. Needless to say I was splattered in hot candle wax. Surprisingly it didn't burn me, and my glasses saved my eyes so there was no real damage except the loss of my dignity and possibly self-respect. I have not lit the candle since.

Work:
Work is actually going good because I'm now settling into a pattern. I've somewhat found a rhythm and the monotony of my days is settling in here. For right now that's a good think, but I think I can safely assume that in two weeks that won't be the case. However the upside to my new job training, is that I am now a world class bed maker. I have the hospital corner down pat, and can make a bed in 5 mins flat. Eventually when the job becomes really monotonous I'll bring a stopwatch and time myself. Just for kicks.

At the resort this week we had two greyhound buses of band kids staying here. They were about junior high age. Yesterday, we did stayover cleaning which is basically replacing towels, and making beds in rooms that are still being used. I was lucky enough to be sent to the boys rooms. I swear, I will personally kill my brother if he is ever as messy as these boys. There were boxers everywhere, and chips, and salsa, and for some reason they all had an Xbox and twenty games despite the fact that is was a weekend trip. It was ridiculous. One room had the complete rockband set, including drums while another room tried to make macaroni and cheese in their coffee pot. Children suck, with me at the moment.

In other news:
I now have a roommate named Christina who is very nice and really fun. We took at walk around town last night and watched a movie. Its nice to have somebody in the apartment, and to have someone to talk to. It was getting a little depressing being here all the time by myself.

Music stuff:
I was working with a guy named Clint today and we were talking about our favourite classic songs and artists. I'm going to holler my, Simon and Garfunkel. I love them, I absolutely love them. Especially, Cecilia, I Am A Rock, and The Only Living Boy in New York. Check them out, they will change your life. There's a million reasons they are loved by many and forever.

Now, I'm off to ice my back.

1 comment:

  1. Maddy, that is by far the funniest story I have heard in a while...with the candle. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! You have a real gift for writing, and your humor is the best!! I had no idea you were so dang funny. I wish we lived closer...this blog is great, because I'm getting to know my Maddy. I love you Maddy and miss you tons!! I think you should save up some money and come visit me!!!! You're welcome to come and stay anytime!! Love you!!! Auntie Jenny

    ReplyDelete