Saturday, May 23, 2009

Answering Bell

I committed Worm and Weed Genocide
So, I started my first official day at Welch's chocolate shop last night for some part time hours. When she hired me I was told I would probably be working in the pie shop or the candy shop so I showed up prepared for those duties. But she had different ideas for me. I spent the evening raking, digging, mulching, and weeding the entire front of the store. I dug for about an hour and a half, raked the entire back and front, and then we got started weeding. I killed hundreds of weeds, and worms but that place looks so good now. She told me that on my weekday evening shifts I'll probably be doing similar work until they get the place looking the way she wants it to. It was tough work, especially because I had hiked bears hump that day but it felt really good. It felt good to get in there and do something so physical, I felt like I was actually accomplishing something. But I totally messed up my back, it was just aching last night and it is still a little sore this morning. It probably didn't help that I played tennis with friends after work until about ten. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter I'm only young once.

I have another roommate now
Another roommate arrived last night, she is from Quebec and is very nice. She is good friends with my other roommate so they share a room. Our place is filling up fast, its tiny so there is not alot of room for stuff. But its coming together and beginning to look like home a bit.

I Have to Say It
This is complete coincidence but I'm listening to my itunes on shuffle again and guess whats playing? Only one of my most favourite classic songs of all time: Highway To Hell, seriously who does not love this song? I may be a heathen but I don't care this song is just exactly what it says it is! Love it!

I'm Being Neglectful
It has been brought to my attention that I have not been paying good enough attention to this blog as of late, and my post for yesterday just dealt with Bear's Hump so I'll update you on whats happened since my last official blog post. We passed our room inspection with flying colours, (the banana bread totally worked, they said our place smelled super nice!), and I've just been hanging out with my friends mostly. On Wednesday night we walked around the whole town site which took about twenty mins (a little depressing) and then we played on the swings. Yes, the swings. They just put this new park in right between my house and the chocolate shop and I'm proud to say that my friends and I commandeer the swings regularly. Its so fun, they should install swings in office buildings people would be less depressed. Seriously, how could you not be happy when you are swinging? Its the best part of childhood.

The Dork in Me Can't Resist
I saw X-Men, The Origins of Wolverine. Its playing here in town so on Tuesday we went to go see it. It was pretty cool to see a movie here in Waterton. Its a tiny little theatre, you have to buy your ticket from the guy in the booth before you enter the theatre just like in old movies. The theatre is pretty cool too, its old so the seats suck and they are elevated but its got an awesome stained glass light above and a big stage for productions. It's very classic and cool. I loved that part of it. My friends were not so into the whole X-Men thing, in fact one of them didn't even know what X-Men was. The dork in me cried a little. But they came with me, which was awesome and even though they didn't enjoy the movie I liked it. It was a little over the top, and Wolverine was a little bit of a wuss for me but other than that I did enjoy it. Its never going to compare to the awesomeness of the first two X-men movies but its more along the lines of the similarly over the top, third movie. I still loved it though, but then again I'm a geek.

So For Now,
I'm officially caught up and I'll do my best to stay caught up. Today I go back to work at the chocolate shop at two and right now I'm baking some more banana bread because its kind of become my specialty here. I hope that anyone who reads this is doing well, I miss everybody but next week I get to come home for a few days! I can't wait!!

You knew it was coming
Favourite song of today? Answering Bell By Ryan Adams. Awesome little country/folk tune and completely true. I love Ryan Adams he is the absolute best at everything he does, especially his new stuff.

I'm Just Saying Hi To Your Answering Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment