Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Worst Day and The Best Day

Sunday is again my favourite day
This will be just a quick post, but I felt liking writing today. I just got back home from church, my first time attending here in Waterton. It was lovely, I mean I don't really think I realized how much I missed going to church each week. I felt like a fool because I had a smile on my face the whole time, and I was sitting all by myself. It was really nice though, an older missionary couple talked. They had just returned from serving in Ghana, (I hope that's spelled right). It was really nice to hear their stories and feel of their enthusiasm. Its funny how a couple in their sixties or maybe even seventies can inspire me, and captivate my attention. That's one of the things I love most about going to church, is hearing peoples stories, and how they learned from their lives and experiences. Every since I was little that has always been one of my favourite things about going to church. Its like the best story hour you'll ever get.

Life's Starting To Get Crazy
So, with the recession things have been a little slower here in waterton, than they normally are this time of year. There just hasn't been too many bookings at the hotel or anything like that. But this weekend it really picked up. Yesterday we had 59 checkouts and 54 stay overs to do, and at the start of the day we had three housekeepers. Our team eventually expanded to ten but that is still way to few housekeepers to get the job done. Somehow we did, but we were all exhausted at the end of the day. I ended up having to work from 9-6, and then head over and work at the chocolate shop at 7-9:30. It was a super long and hard day but I made it through. Hopefully we will soon be able to get more housekeepers so that our weekends are not so nasty. I'm off today, and if they coming knocking out my door for me to work I will not be there, I'm heading to the chocolate shop. It's funny, when I got to work at the chocolate shop yesterday my boss was stressed because it was busy, but it felt so calm to me. After housekeeping like that, any job seems like a piece of cake.

The Waterton Life
The only really sucky thing about living in Waterton is the nightlife. If you don't drink or go to the bar there really isn't a whole lot to do at night because that's all everyone seems to do. It's been driving me crazy and ruining my sleep. For the past three nights we have had stupid, drunk idiots screaming and swearing outside our apartment building every night at like three in the morning. Its so annoying, rude, and most of all pathetic. People ask me all the time why I don't drink, and you know what, even if I didn't believe what I believe I probably still wouldn't because I'm not willing to put myselfinto that kind of state for "fun." I think it is the most pathetic thing in the world. Its a simple as that. Sorry for my rant, I'm just really sick of drunks, and people telling me all the time that "I'm missing out." I'm not missing anything, in fact, they are missing their dignity.

The Rants Done For Today I Promise
I missed telling everyone what I am listening to at the end of the my last post. Well, with the current drunk idiot situation I've been turning my ipod on to some quiet music to drown them out and try (in vain) to get some sleep. Norah Jones is the girl to put you to sleep. I love Norah Jones, I love her voice and her instrumental arrangements. My favourites are Sunrise, Broken, Not My friend, Seven Years, and Those Sweet Words. Her music is just peaceful, calming, and wonderfully sad and melancholy. She is a great musician.

I'm Just really Grateful For Everything and Everyone That Loves Me, Thanks Guys!




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say a little hello again. I'm not even sure if you read these but I'm enjoying your stories and I heard you may be in the market for a bebe-gun. It just so happens that we have an extra one sitting in our bedroom as a good morning salute to the crows and magpies we so much enjoy at our place. If you continue to enjoy the drunks outside your place let me know and maybe we can make a deal... ;) Love ya lots and keep up the witty writing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete