Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Return

Return To My Mountain Home

Yes that's right folks I have returned to Waterton once again. It was a bit of a struggle to decide and after a hundred pros/cons list (you know I love them) I finally made my decision and I'm here once again. So far, it has been amazing just being back in the mountains. Of course, Waterton is still Waterton. My first day here I was welcomed with three feet of snow and a three hour power outage, but a chinook came through the next day and the storm and snow has now passed. I was all game for an epic snowball fight but my friends were not up for it, but I still managed to get a few shots in.

Right now I'm in an apartment across the hall from my old apartment. It's bigger and it has a super nice shower but there will probably be four of us, or even five stuffed in here. For now it's just two and so there's lots of space. I'm super lucky on the roommate front this year. Most of my roommates are members so I wouldn't be worrying about any major partying. My current roommate is from Ontario, loves show tunes, and youtube blogging. She's been a lot of fun so far and Megan is especially excited to meet her and sing some show tunes.

So that's about it for Waterton now. I'm back to front desk and I'll even be back at the Aspen Village so nothing has really changed there. The first couple days here I've just been adjusting. Nothing too major because of all the trails are still closed so I've just been hitting the gym, working, or cleaning the apartment. Last year this apartment was party central so bleach has definitely been used on almost every surface, and one major nasty, huge, hairball was pulled out of the shower drain, and I almost vomited.

The Rest of The Semester...
Well I survived the end of school. It was dicey there for a couple of weeks especially when my dell computer finally gave up the ghost in the last two weeks of school. Luckily I rescued almost everything (except the assignment I had spent six hours on) off it. Eventually this lend to my newest pride and joy, my Macbook Pro. Yes that's right people this blog is coming to you off the slim, the shiny, the sexy, and all mine MacBook Pro. And not the old one, the brand, spanking, new, fast processor one!

This semester was probably my favourite so far. I loved my classes and I did really well. I got two A-, two A's, and one B-. It was really enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to next year after my summer break.

Oh yeah, the cliffhanger
So I forgot about the last epic event of the semester my Muse concert. It was completely amazing and so deafening! I had a super bad cold a couple of days before and my throat was just starting to heal up and needless to say it did not fare well in the days after the concert. Even if you didn't enjoy their music you would have loved this show. The effects, the sounds, and the passion of the band was so incredible. I was just in awe the entire night of the whole spectacle. I think it will be a long time before I see another concert as incredible as that.

Well...
Well folks it's time for me to head back to preparing my dinner because I have to do it all myself. At the moment I'm living off of asparagus which is good but I'm looking forward to heading into town to get a little more variety going.

As always...
I've been jamming to the new Norah Jones cd, and it's quite good for my older readers. But for the young at heart I have recently rediscovered my love for the Violent Femmes. It's all I've been listening to and I swear even though I've heard it a million times I could put Blister In the Sun on a rotation and listen to it over and over and never get bored. It's that good.

Until next time...

P.S. As I am now back in Waterton and trying to avoid the daily houndings of my mother for my well-being this blog will most likely be updated more currently, so stay tuned, tell your friends, and comment!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment