Monday, May 10, 2010

As Per The Instructions of My Mother

Well, well it was mother's day

My mother requested that I update this blog for her mother's day present and since it costs only a little of my time I deemed that a suitable compromise and a pretty furgal gift at that!!

Let It Snow, Let it Snow

So those who live in my home city of Edmonton had to deal with a one day freak spring blizzard. I have zero sympathy for you because your blizzard was simply the remants of the three, yes three spring blizzards we have had so far. I'm not kidding, in total I think we've probably gotten about five feet of snow but it melted and then snowed and melted again. Today is a melt day but I'm sure by mid afternoon things will change. Welcome to Waterton!!!

The storms were so bad that the surrounding areas such as Cardston and Mountain View were out of power for two days. Luckily here we were only out of power for about 4 hours but it was enough time for me to realize that I am helpless without a stove. Seriously I freeze my bread and I had to dethaw a piece of bread in the one little crack of sunlight that was streaming through the window. It only took about half an hour of my life that I'll never get back.

Cabin Fever

Needless to say with the constant snow and the lack of anything being open in Waterton we were all getting extremely bored. Even the satelitte was out!! So one night when it was again snowing quite hard we all bundled up and rounded up as many people as we could. We had a small snowfight and then built three massive snowmen just in front of the hotel entrance. It was the most fun I've had in the snow in years. It wasn't cold so I was just in a hoodie and jeans but by the end of the night after rolling around in the snow for hours we were all frozen. So we headed to the pool and hot tub (after hours because we be Staff and we get sweet privileges!!) and stayed there till about 12. It was probably the funniest night I've had here so far.

I've Got The Crew

This year has turned out to be so much fun here in Waterton, and that because we have a really good staff crew this year. There is a big group of us that aren't hardcore party people so we get together for stuff like herbal tea!! It's been really cool because we all just gather in someone's apartment or just stop by whenever we're bored. Last night I had the whole crew essentailly in my apartment until 11:45, just chatting away. It's been really cool and I've really happy that I choose to come back this year.

The Pimp Suite

Yep that's right this year I've totally scored on the staff accomdation front! My apartment is directly across the hall from my old apartment but it's so much nicer. It's really big and has beautiful, big windows that directly face Vimy. My room has a nice big window that faces the mountain and no blind so the sun wakes me up every morning. It's great and we have a massive huge shower which is good because there will be four girls living in this apartment. For now there is three of us and it's working out great!

My Partner In Crime Has Arrived

Due to internet privacy and whatnot I can't officially name my best buddy online who has now shown up but the majority of the people reading this now who he/she is so fill in the blanks. Anyway he/she showed up this week and so now the summer has officially started even if the weather is not co-operating. Expect the great and grand tales of last summer soon, hopefully, weather willing.

Anywho,

Well folks I guess I should return to getting some work done. But before I go everyone should be listening to my new favourite Mumford and Sons and watching Smallville because this week is the finale and it's going to be amazing!! Even for the naysayers who read this and think Smallville sucks, watch it will rock your world and if not Superman will trump you down! Or at least I will in his stead.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment