Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I've Been Busy. Hence The Wait.

Ahh my few followers, its been awhile

So, the blog has not been updated in a little while. I think that for the few for read this to assume that when its not updated, I'm just too busy. Its been a crazy past couple of weeks. So, when I last left you I had just gone to Cardston and gotten the disappointing news that my stitches had to stay in. Well, on that note the stitches are now out, (have been for two weeks) and my beautiful, completely attractive scar is beginning to form. My knee is healing up pretty good, I almost walk like a sane person (at the beginning of the day before I've moved around too much on it), and I can bend a full 90 degrees (though not for long, and without any pressure on it). So yeah!!

Visitors have come and gone

My family came down the week before last and stayed at the campground for a week. It was a lot of fun, though it rained for the first two days. That's the only sucky thing about being here in Waterton, we are so high up, anytime we get rain, its big rain. Anyway the first night my family abandoned their camp and stayed at my aunts, and the second night I sat and froze my butt off while my mom cooked outside on the camp stove (with only one working burner) instead of in my nice warm apartment. It was fun though. The next couple of days I got to see my family before work and they took me in to get the last of my stitches out in Cardston. Friday and Sat were the fun days because we had our family reunion. Everyone came down to Waterton and stayed over. We hiked Blackstone Falls on Friday night. That was my first hike since my accident. Its only about 2 km, but my knee was killing me when I was done, but it made me stronger! Then we took over a camp kitchen and had an awesome meal and some family time. It was really nice and a lot of fun. Saturday I got to go with my littlest cousins "treasure hunting." There is a little beach and cove on the lake here in Waterton that brings up old pieces of bottles. They are completely smooth from the erosion and rubbing against the rocks so we went up and down the peach picking up their treasure. It was a lot of fun, the girls love it and it was fun to see little kids get so excited about old pieces of bottles! Unfortunately I had to work Sat, afternoon so I didn't get to go to Cameron Lake with everyone. Sunday my family left and I had my first day back at the chocolate shop. I was only there for about two hours but it felt really great to get back there.

Bertha Falls

Hiking in Red Rock got me excited to go hiking and stuff again so mon, my friend and I decided to hike Bertha Falls. It was really nice, Bertha Falls is only about 4 km, and you hike alongside the mountain and gradually gain altitude before you drop again as you get to the falls. The Falls are not as big as Cameron Falls, but its really cool because you stand on this little bridge and you are literally 15ft away from the falls. The water just cuts right out of the mountain. Its really cool. We had a really nice time hiking there and we even made good time considering my gimpness. My knee was pretty sore after but it was a good sore of accomplishing something!! Since then I have just been working and working on my knee. I'm trying to test out how far I can go on it, without wrecking it. I take a walk everyday and I've started swimming lanes so I can get some exercise until I can go running again, but its finally starting to heal up!

Dinner and A Movie

Well, since I'm trying to save my money my culinary experiences have really been limited to myself. So whenever I get the chance to eat out, its great. My friend and I decided that we deserved a night out so we had dinner at the company restaurant where we get a discount. It was great and the best part is I was one of the employees of the week last week so I get a free dinner there whenever I'd like! But I have to say one of my most favourite things was going to a movie on Friday. I went and saw the Proposal which was awesome. I wasn't going to go, because I couldn't get anyone to go with me because they were all working but I finally went by myself in the end, and it was great. I loved it, there was no one talking during the movie, or bugging me, I just got to enjoy it! It kind of scares me how much I liked it.

And that's a wrap

So, that's been my life the past couple of weeks. I'm officially back at the chocolate shop, I worked all weekend so I can start making some extra money.

As always,

So I did manage to catch like the last half hour of So You Think You Can Dance this week for some strange reason. I've watched in the past, but not this year. I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the dancers but I managed to find a great new tune. Its totally not what I listen to at all, but its just so groovy. Its called Move by CSS, and its so fun! I'm such a dork but if I the anti-dancer start tapping my foot to a song, you know its a good dance song!!

P.S. The title is an homage to The Proposal, seriously good movie. My favourite lines: "I can't swim. Hence the boat." "There I was standing there, wifeless (said with such disdain, love Ryan Reynolds)" and my most favourite line "People are too lazy too read, they need someone to tell them, don't watch reality t.v. pick up a book and that person is Oprah."

No comments:

Post a Comment