Friday, July 10, 2009

Good News Will Work It's Way Into My Hands

19 stitches is now down to 7, and suture's

So, yesterday I went in to get my stitches out at the Cardston Hospital. But the story really starts in Waterton the night before. My friend JT was going to drive me into the hospital the next morning but decided it that it was too far from Waterton, so I had to go and spend the night at his uncles place with his cousins. (that's where he lives in the summer). We grabbed some pizza at the pizza of waterton (more on that later) and hit the road. The owner of the hotels I work for is his uncle and his house is insanely big and beautiful. Anyway we got there, did some dishes because the kids had been by themselves for a couple of days and then watched the Bourne Supremacy. 1 am I finally went to sleep on the couch. The next morning we all got up around 10 and I went to have a shower. Now, as I said this place is massive and the shower is half the size of my bedroom at home, no word of a lie. It was crazy, but unfortunately I'm too much of an idiot to figure it out so I had a glacier water cold shower. It was the start of a beautiful day. Anyway we finally made it to Cardston where it took 20 mins to find the hospital, in a tiny town. Why? We got there and the admitting nurse directed me to the clinic, 2 blocks away from the hospital. At that point it was just frustrating. At the clinic a nurse started taking my stitches out when she noticed that my knee had not completely healed, so I had to see a doctor for a final decision. The end jist: the rest of my stitches were not removed and they taped up my leg so I have to go in next week. It's so stupidly frustrating, I want them out so I can start doing normal stuff again, and enjoying living in such a beautiful place. Ugh!

Pizza of Waterton
As I am trying to save money here, my culinary experiences have been limited to my own cooking. I haven't tried any of the restaurants in town and the last time I ate out was mcdonald's three weeks after I got here, when we went for groceries. So I was pretty excited when we went to the Pizza of Waterton. It was pretty good pizza, I will admit. I went with JT and his cousin, and we were just sitting there chilling, and waiting for our food when they both go "oh crap, is that?" and then take off. I'm not kidding his cousin literally ran for the bathroom and JT ran out the door. Now, the pizza of waterton is a super small restaurant, so the entire restaurant was staring at me. There I was sitting there, looking like my friends just dined and dashed on me. It turned out a relative of theirs was coming in, and they were hiding so to speak.

Family Time
My family is going to be here on Mon. I'm fairly excited, I had hoped I would be working the morning shift that week (7-2:30) so I could spend the evening with them but unfortunately I am working the evening shift (2:30-10) so that kind of sucks, but hopefully I will be able to shift some of my shifts around. (say that three times fast). Anyway this week is kind of family week here in Waterton, my friend from Ontario's family is here so that's kind of exciting. I got to meet them because they were kind enough to give me a ride to get some groceries. They were very nice people, and a lot like my friend. It made me even more excited to see my family!!

In other news...
So, my roommates moved out of the apartment, and into the one next door, on Sunday. They felt bad because they liked partying and stuff and felt like they were disturbing me when they had parties at our place. So, I am on my own now. Its not too bad though, my friend helped me out on Mon, and we cleaned my place up the way I like it. I've decided that since I'm on my own, and it looks like I probably won't be getting a roommate any time soon that I am making my place my own. So everything is the way I like it now, and its not so bad.

Yesterday was kind of a stressful and stupid day, minus when I was hanging out with my friends so I 'm hoping that today will be better. If not, my theme song is going to be Float On by Modest Mouse. It's definitely what I need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment