Monday, July 5, 2010

Returning To The Scene Of The Crime

Well Folks I'm back.

Life has been a little crazy lately but in a very good (usually) way. Internet is almost always continually down and the staff router hates my mac so posting has been difficult. And I've been busy just having way too much fun. So be jealous, and don't hate me because I'm popular.

The Highlight Reel

Well since I last posted plenty has happened. The first super fun thing was the return to the cabin. As most of my readers know I spent at least half my time last summer at my friend's cabin just outside Waterton. It's a great place for fooling around and getting really muddy. This time we took a bunch of people up there, and had a bonfire. It was a great time and we got super filthy off-roading in the Jeep, and driving the quads. It made my realize how much I desire to be a true country hick and I'm sure I'm on my way to getting there. Next time I post I'm going to try and upload a video of me driving the quad (with my friend on the back) through a huge water bog. It was possibly the proudest moment of my life and I definitely shouted like it was the proudest moment of my life. In the video you can hear me screaming "yes" when I make it through!!

So after the little trip to the cabin we endured more days of rain. We've been doing lots of hiking and yes I have done Bear's Hump a couple more times. I'm up to 7 but I still hate it each time. The best thing is that I've returned to my favourite hike Bertha Falls. We've done that at least a half dozen times by now including in the pouring rain because we were so bored. This week we even went all the way to Bertha Lake. It was fun, even though it was raining. It's a nice hike but it gets really steep after you pass the falls. I think it's an elevation gain of 300 metres or something like that in 4 km. About halfway we stopped and told ourselves that we had totally climbed 300 metres. To our disappointment we discovered that we had gone maybe a 100 metres higher. And some stupid lady told us the lake was just around the corner when it was another 2 km, and 200 metres higher away. She got our hopes up for nothing. It was still super nice though to get out.

Roadtrip!!

The other super fun thing that happened in the past couple of weeks was a little road trip to Lethbridge/Calgary. My friends went home to visit family in Ontario so we got to go pick them up from the airport. We left the night before and spent the night at my aunts and then drove to Calgary in the morning. It was really fun, and a totally surreal experience to take a road trip and listen to music I like the whole way. Loved it!

Other than folks I've just been staying up way too late playing cards or being stupid with everyone. I've actually attuned my body to not sleep before 11 and I should be more tired but I'm not. Things are going well even though work and some other stuff have been quite stressful.

Oh and I also had my first visitor this summer. He's a reader of my blog so I have to say that I had a good time even if he felt like throwing up on Bertha Falls the entire time. It was quite funny to be the motivatior (not a word or spelled completely wrong. Somebody let me know!) on a hike for once! Kidding I love hiking just not Bear's Hump.

The Pop Culture References
Well it's sad to say it but my friends here have hooked me on of all things the Bachelorette. Why? I don't know but I console myself by watching 20 hot guys compete. Other than that I really have to admit I'm ashamed of myself but will I stop watching with everyone? Most likely no. My writers friends have license to mock me now.

Umm, on that note I saw Eclipse. Twice. And yes I enjoyed it. So beat it.

The Music
I'm going old school lately and it's fantastic. As I said my roadtrip was full of music I actually enjoy like the Mama's and the Papa's!! Billy Joel!! Cat Stevens!! And a little emo goodness! It was epic and will most likely never happen again.

Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment